Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- Forget Rio, The 2020 Tokyo Olympics Are Where It’s At - August 7, 2016
- Quiz: 2016 Olympic Village Or Prison Cell? - August 2, 2016
- Hero Dude Jumps 25,000 Feet Without A Parachute (Video) - July 31, 2016
When politics and sports meet, the result is rarely genuine. It’s often hilarious, however, as Speaker of the House Paul Ryan proved yet again this week when he tried to woo visiting delegates from Pennsylvania with a Pittsburgh Steelers “Terrible Towel.”
Here are the only problems with his show of support:
- Paul Ryan represents Wisconsin.
- The meeting was being held in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Philadelphia is also in Pennsylvania.
- Paul Ryan claims to be a Packers fan.
Other than that, hey, great move! In the pantheon of politicians making moronic pleas to local sports fans, it’s actually not even that bad. Check out these other gaffes.